Monday, August 29, 2011

Out with the old, in with the new!

Hello everyone!

This past weekend was the Miss Lincoln/Miss Star City Scholarship pageant and since I was Miss Star City last year, I was only eligible to compete for the title of Miss Lincoln.  The pageant was a ton of fun and I got to see old friends and make new ones! As this pageant was my time to give up my title as Miss Star City, I am VERY honored and proud to be your new Miss Lincoln! Attending school in Lincoln has made me love the city and everyone in it, so it is truly an honor!

With Jessica, my "sister title holder" from last year!


4 of the Miss Nebraska Outstanding Teens!


Love these girls!


The beautiful Brooke Taylor and I!


All the miss contestants (don't mind the tables)


Miss and Teen contestants!


"The crowning"




Gamma Phi Sweep!!



With Miss Nebraska, Kayla Batt!


With our teen title holder, Alex!


All of the Miss contestants


With Jen, one of my great friends and biggest supporter over the years! :)


Oh and one more thing..
My dad received a call from me just a few hours before the start of the pageant and I hit him with the news that we may need to use our studio's sound system, for being such a trooper and loading the entire sound system and bringing it to Lincoln, my dad received the award of Mr. Congeniality! 


To wrap up, I just want to say that I am so thankful for everyone that I have in my life because if it weren't for each and every one of you I would not be the person I am today. I am VERY excited for the upcoming year as Miss Lincoln and I have already started working on plans and goals for the year to try to make the very best of my time!

I would also like to share a video with you (maybe I will start doing this on all of my posts) that inspires me. I have always been so inspired by talented vocalists. This is one of my favorite American Idol performances of all time and if I ever want peace of mind, to hear a great song, or to hear an amazing musician, I watch this video!



Excited and honored, 

Rachel










No comments:

Post a Comment